Baked Cinnamon Apple Pancake
Indulge in a delightful harmony of flavors with this baked cinnamon apple pancake — spiced up with McCormick® Ground Cinnamon. This oven-baked treat combines the warmth of cinnamon-spiced apples with the fluffy goodness of a classic pancake, and the best part is the batter can be prepped the night before for an easy breakfast.
for 4 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour (85 g), plus 2 tablespoons
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 409
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 56g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract in a large bowl until combined. Add the McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, salt, granulated sugar, and flour and whisk until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to bake, up to 2 days. Note: For meal prep, make the batter the night before, then bake in the morning.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Arrange the apple slices flat on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the melted butter. Bake the apples for 10 minutes, or until tender. Let cool for 10–15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Arrange the baked apple slices in overlapping rows on top of the batter.
- Bake the pancake for 20–25 minutes, or until the batter is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 8–10 minutes.
- Dust the pancake with powdered sugar and serve warm.