Grilled Corn Summer Pasta Salad
This colorful pasta salad is the perfect addition to any summer gathering. The grilled corn adds a smoky flavor to the dish while the fresh vegetables and herbs keep it light and refreshing.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 2 ears corn
- olive oil, for brushing
- 8 oz dried orecchiette pasta (225 g), cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes (400 g)
- ½ cup diced red onion (75 g)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh cilantro (60 g)
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 mL)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 298
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Microwave the corn on a microwave-safe plate on high power for 7 minutes. Remove from the microwave. Grip the corn with a dish towel, then cut off the bottom end with a serrated knife. Slide the corn out of the husk. It should come out fairly easily with none of the silky, stringy mess.
- Brush the corn with olive oil, then place on a cast iron grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, until the kernels are slightly charred.
- Insert the narrow end of an ear of corn into the center hole of a Bundt pan. Holding the corn steady with one hand, saw off the kernels with the serrated knife. The kernels will fall into the pan for easy collection.
- Make the cilantro-lime vinaigrette: Combine the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, honey, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, corn, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and vinaigrette and toss until evenly incorporated.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.